Friday 30 March 2007

Blue Tops Week

Remember this?



Well, it was my Mam's birthday yesterday and I am finally going to give her the the wrapover I made for her birthday. I saw her the weekend before Mother's Day and it was so tempting to give it to her then.

The BF persuaded me to leave it until her birthday, along with a bottle or raspberry liquer (is that how you spell it? she wonders) and a box of chocs from my bellydancing weekend in Jersey.

Hope she likes it.

...and here's the progress so far on "Tulip". I finished one of the front's last night and started the other, which really isn't bad progress for a week, especially when I've also been touching up the grout in the bathroom and planting flowers in the garden to make the house look nice for selling.



In a fit of enthusiasm, I almost blocked the back...before finishing the fronts, which need to be sized up against the back for the measurements.

That would not have been clever.

4 comments:

Kai said...

ooohh.. you're mum will be really chuffed with tose lovely gifts!!

Tulip is looking lovely and I'm so glad you didn't block the back!!! :-D

Mind you, that would've been quite a story....

gilraen said...

I love Tulip! It looks so fabulous. Fast knitting :D

Your mum deserves the best, and that's what she's getting ;) :D

belaybunny said...

Lovely knits. Tulip is looking fantastic. It's all your fault I've bought some damask now ;)

Anonymous said...

That wrapover top looks lovely, and I bet it feels soooo nice--Freedom Spirit is such lovely yarn.