Monday 2 April 2007

Quick Update

"Tulip" is currently blocking in the spare room. The BF has been warned not to go in there today. I'm stretching it a little to make the top a bit longer than it currently is. It should be dry by tonight and I may be able to attach the trim to it.

One point to make:

The pattern required ten balls. I have the neck trim yet to make (312 stitches over eight rows); two arm sleeve trims and two 1m long ties. I'm only just now on the seventh ball, so there's likely to be a least two balls left over.

If anyone is contemplating using this yarn and shade for anything, I'd be happy to do a swap, sending on whatever is left over.

My Mam loved the "Twilleys Freedom Spirit" wrapover. The BF chose that moment to say he'd had his doubts about it (oh, yeah)... not the actual knitting (that's alright then), but whether the colour would suit my Mam (as if I wouldn't know). And he claims to be the bastard love-child of Trinny and Suzannah?

Sorry I haven't popped into many people's blogs to leave comments over the last week. We're getting the house ready to sell and we want the estate agents to visit next week. So, I've been cleaning up the grout in the bathroom, touching up paintwork and doing the garden... more of the same this week!

3 comments:

Kai said...

oohh... will be lovely to see Tulip once it's all done!!

Glad your mum liked her wrap.. I thought it was bootiful!

Good luck with all the housey stuff.. :)

gilraen said...

Men :rollseyes: ;)

I'm itching to see this. I love the look of the yarn knitted. The ball doesn't do it justice at all.

Of course your mum liked your wrap, you knitted it for her. :D

Good Luck with the move......

Hellbelle said...

The wrap was beautiful, and the style is so flattering. And, most importantly, as Gilraen said, you made it for her.