Monday 19 March 2007

Knitting up the left overs

Last Christmas, my Mam got three pairs of socks from me... start of the craze...and there was a substantial amount of wool left over. It has been sitting there, waiting for me to do something with it.



Well, now I have. Using the left over "Opal - Sugar Almond" (yellow) I've made a pair of gloves for a small child, and there's certainly enough yarn left over from just that ball to make some baby socks.



The blue hats came from some yarn left over for a jacket I made for my baby nephew. (I'm ever so chuffed with the pom-poms). These are for a charity based in Manchester called the Wood Street Mission (http://www.woodstreetmission.org.uk/) which aims to help out families who are having a tough time financially. They have collections throughout the year and at particular times for celebrations (at the minute it's Easter Eggs - deadline March 22nd). I'm going to aim to knit up my leftover yarn by Christmas.

(That in no way suggests I won't be knitting up "Tulip" or any of the other lovely things I plan to make this year).

5 comments:

Hellbelle said...

Nice pom poms!

I have some gloves done in sock yarn and they are very nice to wear.

Linda said...

The gloves look great in that yarn. Well done for getting on with your resolutions!

Kai said...

aww.. those are so cute, cute, cute!

Piglottie said...

I love the hats! And what a great idea for leftover sock yarn.

dreamcatcher said...

Cute knits! It sounds like you have some lovely new projects planned too. Nice to see another John Wyndham fan too!