Tuesday 6 March 2007

Easy-Peasy Gloves

I've finished the gloves. (I will try to post a picture tomorrow - the camera's batteries need to be recharged). They were incredibly easy. Yes, they are a bit fiddly - knitting 16 stitches in the round tends to be - but they were very satisfying to make.

I also take back anything I said previously about probably preferring gloves in a charcoal effect colourway or plain. The "Opal - Feelings" yarn produces lovely stripes. You could cut the yarn to make the fingers all one colour but I like the mismatch effect of some of the fingers being one colour and others two.

I think my auntie will be pleased.

There's also a lot of wool left over. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you can get three pairs of medium-adult sized gloves out of it...more if you knit child sized gloves. I'm going to weigh the finished gloves and the unused wool to get a rough estimate.

2 comments:

Kai said...

they sound lovely!! can't wait to see the finished piccies.. was very impressed with the in-progress one!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Aw, cheers, Kai. You're too kind.