Tuesday 27 March 2007

More on "Tulip"

Wrap-over tops are becoming a new favourite. This is where I'm up to on the left front.



I was up over an hour earlier than I needed to be this morning so I knitted up a good chunk whilst sitting in the sunshine. This isn't the greatest shot - I just wanted to show how sunny it was. (There's a blue-tit watching me through the bedroom window, now).

There is a mistake on this pattern - where it tells you to decrease...and increase on the same row at the same end as you're decreasing, at the same time. I've just ignored that and increased at the opposite end of the row: i.e. not on the slope. So, I don't think it's a major problem. The decreases are at pretty much the same 'rate' (every row for x number and then on alternative rows for x number) as on the "Twilleys Freedom Spirit" wrap I made.

One of the ladies on the Angel Yarns knitting forum was talking about a sizing problem yesterday which concerned me a little. I had sized up the back as I was making it, against myself and other tops to make sure it was ok. After reading her comments, I had another check and I think it's fine. Blocking can always help.

2 comments:

Hellbelle said...

Your Tulip is looking fab. Can't wait to see it finished, which won't be too long the rate you are going at it! ;)

Piglottie said...

Looks like you are getting on really well with it, and the colours looks great.