Wednesday 7 March 2007

Rowan 41 and DB Summer Essentials

My Mam has put me on a mission to track down some "DB Cashmerino Chunky - Robin's Egg". She has spotted a cabled cardi she wants to make... for herself! (So far, I have a fab red cardi trimmed in"New Fizz" and she has made a green one for my Auntie - all bar the zip, which she also sent me hunting for).

This gave me a valid reason to go to my favourite LYS - "Wool" in Stockport. It makes a change from tenuous excuses. :-) However, I've also bought for myself: "Rowan 41" and "DB Summer Essentials". Yes, this does increase the likelihood of me buying more yarn.

(I had to really fight temptation when I saw a whole basketful of "Colinette Jitterbug". At the rate I'm buying it, I'll turn sock knitting into a chore rather than fun).

However, I'm using the purchase of these books to encourage myself to knit up my stash. Then I can have a lovely time buying stuff for knitting the gorgeous patterns out of these books. I must say that I think "Rowan 41" is an improvement on "Rowan 40". Yes, there were a few nice things in that edition, but the Summer magazine has LOTS of lovely things. "DB Summer Essentials" has some lovely tops to knit in "DB Cathay" which I just love; and a rather nice silk top that wouldn't come in toooo pricey.

So, with a cup of tea and a few other books that Aileen gave me to browse through while I was there, I had a lovely time.

2 comments:

Badger said...

Knitting up stash is a good thing, and something I'm really trying to do as well. Stay strong and try and resist the call of new yarn (for a few days or so anyway...)

Fiona Reynolds said...

It's a very hard thing to do! Wondering if converting planned projects to presents will help me knit it up faster. :-)