Friday 16 March 2007

And I cast on...

Nothing last night. I finished my lovely "Opal Hundertwasser" ankle socks...



...which I'm now wearing. Then I did no other knitting... because I was teaching Vaughn (who came back to the knitting group) how to purl. He has garter stitch sorted, and I'm pretty certain that he now has purling under control - which really comes as a two-for-one option, to Vaughn's surprise, because he can now do stocking-stitch.

Next time, we're ribbing.

And below are some squares I made for Claire (who set up the knitting group), as she has asked us all to knit a couple for Water Aid - "Knit a River" campaign (http://www.iknit.org.uk/knitariver.html). The intention is to lobby governments - using the finished river - on the issue of access to safe drinking water.

3 comments:

gilraen said...

I've been coveting that yarn for a while. It looks fabulous knitted up. Do you like wearing them? :)

belaybunny said...

I love the ankle socks, the colour knits up really nicely.

blog-blethers said...

What great socks ... I prefer it knitted up this way rather than the full length stripe. And Tulip is stunning ... one of the squillion things I'm desperate to do this year!