Sunday 11 March 2007

Will Power

Will power is something I have in abundance at present, as in "I will go shopping". Every time I post on the subject of reducing my stash, how I'm going to do it, what I'm thinking of knitting, it's inevitable that I will end up buying more yarn. Even after the words of encouragement, there's always that bargain. Even Aileen at "Wool" encouraged me - and selling wool is her business.

I always thought that a public declaration of intent would make me stick to my resolution. :-) I thought this might embarrass myself into keeping my word. Nope, it's more of a 'red rag to a bull'.

I was visiting my Mam this weekend and we headed out to check a few of the LYS in the area. First stop... "Kemps" in Sunderland. They mainly stock "Sirdar" and "Patons" but they also have "Twilley's Freedom Spirit" at £2.19 a ball... Well what else could I do? I bought enough to make another Wrapover cardi for me! (In "Fire").

Then we headed over to Whitley Bay and "Ring a Rosie" which is a lovely shop stocking "Rowan", "Noro", "Debbie Bliss", "Louisa Harding" and "Sirdar". My Mam bought some "DB Cathay" in a gorgeous green to knit "Georgia" ("DB Summer Essentials") and some gorgeous "Sirdar DK Cotton" in turquoise (her favourite colour) for a lacy cardi.

Was I good? Was I hell as like... "Rowan - Damask (Basalt)" which is a lovely deep blue with hints of violet to make "Tulip" (Rowan 41).

I give up. We can consider Resolutions 1 and 2 soundly trashed, whereas 3,4 and 5... I've actually done. :-)

The BF laughed heartily when he saw the new goodies. Apparently, he was laughing at me rather than with me. Joy of my heart, he is.

3 comments:

Kai said...

i've been on a yarn diet since last year.

has that stopped me ffrom buying any more. nope.

i like the idea of knitting two things from stuff in the stash and then buying some for another project. have i been able to stick to that? nope.

i like yarn. i want yarn. i will have yarn.

Hellbelle said...

It is hard when you see so much yummy stuff to make. I did a three month stashalong last year, faily successfully but since then I have really let myself go. I think I should have picked a quicker hobby!!

gilraen said...

Why torture yourself. Don't go on a yarn diet and then you can't break it ;) :)