Wednesday 7 March 2007

Gloves - with a picture

Finally, here is a picture of the finished gloves, which I think are rather funky.



I used 39g of a 100g ball for medium-sized adult hand gloves. So, I reckon there's enough left for another pair in that size and a small- sized children hands. Alternatively, I could have a very nice pair of socks.

Speaking of which, I'm onto shaping the heel of the first sock of a pair ("Opal - Petticoat") as the other half of my Auntie's birthday present.

PS What do you think of my new avatar? Does it make the site too slow to load up/use? Is it irritating?

6 comments:

dreamcatcher said...

The gloves are very spiffing indeed :-)

Don't know if you remembered but "Millennium hand and shrimp" was the catchphrase of one of Foul Ole Ron's compatriots - I'm sure there was another saying too but can't remember for the life of me :-D

Nice pattern book purchases from Wool (I'm guessing that is Aileen who seels on ebay too). I'm going to be making at least one of the Cathay patterns from the DB book this summer.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Thanks for the "Millenium hand and shrimp" reminder. It has been bugging me for days!

Yes, it is the same Aileen who sells on Ebay. She has the most gorgeous shop - piled high with lots of lovely things: Colinette, DB, Rowan, Louisa Hardinfg, etc. I like the fact that there is a table and chairs for having a browse of the magazines too.

Hawkesley said...

Your gloves look fab! Which pattern did you use?

Fiona Reynolds said...

I got the pattern when I ordered a glove making kit from www.violetgreen.co.uk. The kit included wool, needles, pattern and stitch markers for £10. (Pattern is just an A4 printout with different sizes on).

Delivery was very fast.

gilraen said...

They are lovely gloves. Another untried knit......

Can you ever have enough sock yarn? ;) :)

gilraen said...

They are lovely gloves. Another untried knit for me......

Can you ever have enough sock yarn? ;) :)