Friday 1 June 2007

New Month, Better Luck

May has been a real mixed bag with quite a lot of bad stuff happening both personally and at work. Admittedly, it hasn't all been bad but it has been like the little girl with the little curl - when it has been bad, it has been 'orrid. So, here's hoping that June improves. :-)

Ok, bit of an update on some of the things that have been happening.

1. Remember the chav in the BRIGHT LILAC tracksuit? Well, the police called the other day and somebody, whilst not giving a statement, had given them the name of this sartorially challenged individual. So, she will be interviewed on Monday next week and dependent on what she says, I may be asked to go in to see a line up. I didn't expect the police to catch anyone but the nice officer who called the other day simply said: "We got lucky."

2. The house selling and buying lark has given us a few jitters but I think (fingers crossed, touch wood, chuck salt over my shoulder, count magpies, etc, anything for luck) that we're nearly there. My solicitor told me we can complete very soon.

3. The prawn lurgie has definitely gone now. It came back on Tuesday!

And the knitting.... I have nearly finished knitting "Paisley", I started the belt during "Hustle" last night. The collar seemed to take ages, and as a result I'm sick of ribbing. This may have something that I ended up with 30 more stitches on the needles that required.

For each section (the back and the two fronts) I consistently picked up ten more stitches than the pattern recommended. Obviously this was wrong, so I tried again being strick on the required number but the join between the collar and the body looked as if it was full of holes, so I decided denser was the best way to go.

Naturally, this took longer to knit and used more wool but I'm pleased with the end result. It fits!

Of course, now the weather has suddenly warmed up again!

If I finish this tonight I think I'll start on the moon and stars baby blanket for Bump.

1 comment:

gilraen said...

Glad to hear you are over the prawns. :)

Fingers crossed on the brat/girl thing and even more importantly your house front :)

Any pics yet of Paisley?