Sunday 24 June 2007

Out-manoeuvred?

On Friday, we were supposed to exchange, with completion on the 29th. Exchange had originally been set for Tuesday but this was moved to Friday. The BF was suspicious. I foolishly thought the best of everyone involved.

Amazingly, the vendors' solicitor was not available until after 4pm.

Then, it emerged that the vendors' vendor wanted to complete on July 6th, and the buyer's solicitor disappeared for the day. Does anybody actually work on a Friday?

Surprise, surprise - we were annoyed, again. We decided to write a note to the vendor, explaining our viewpoint and leaving our phone number. Twenty minutes after we delivered it, they called - relieved that we had got in touch and cursing their estate agent. We had a pleasant chat - both sides telling their situation.

Basically, they could move on the 29th but it's inconvenient, and we could move on the 6th but it's inconvenient for us. Their story had a few details that just didn't tally with what we know - based on what they've said on their website and what our estate agent and solicitors were able to find out. We will see what happens tomorrow.

So, here's a picture of some sunflowers I bought to cheer myself up.



I finished knitting "Archie" though haven't sewn it up. This is the second time I've made this - the last time being over a year ago for the BF's nephew. For me, the interesting thing about making "Archie" again is that it shows me how much my knitting has improved - neater and faster.

Last time around, it took me nearly two weeks. This time, I knitted it all up in four evenings.

On Thursday night, I started knitting "Snug" (which is the hat). I'm making the trim in this gorgeous blue "DB Cashmerino". However, I had to stop knitting as my thumb and finger started to really hurt. So, I resumed...



crochet! (Yes, I could have sewn up "Archie" but we know how I feel about sewing). I'm making another baby blanket for Bump, and using up some yarn.



This is a very random blanket - made in double crochet and treble crochet in random 'clumps' of pattern. The yellow yarn is "DB Cashmerino" while the purple, green and white stripes are "DB Cotton DK". The varying texture is working really well.

3 comments:

Hellbelle said...

Blimey, this moving house is tiring... and I'm only reading about it!!

The knitting and crochet is looking good, the random stripes are really effective.

Fiona Reynolds said...

I'm never moving house again. I've had enough.

:-)

Today I've handed over ALL phone call making to the BF.

The crochet is incredibily relaxing and if I get the hang of it, I'll be able to take it on planes when I can't take my knitting.

Fi said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog :o).

Good luck with the house stuff (my friend is going through it at present, I know what it's like by proxy).

And the stripey blanket is fab!