Friday 29 June 2007

"Archie" and "Snug"

The crocheted blanket was making good progress until Wednesday night, a few more stripes - adding a dash of navy to ensure that it will be an actual blanket rather than a strip. I was using a plastic hook which was perhaps tempting fate, and as a newbie crocheter I am probably very heavy handed with it. So, perhaps it wasn't so surprising that the hook snapped.

As a result of this I was forced to sew up "Archie" and "Snug" last night. Here's the jacket ("Archie"). I think it looks very effective in "Opal - Lollipop" and will be fine whether Bump is a boy or a girl. The collar seems crooked in the photograph but it actually isn't, I promise. :-) I will wait until Bump is born before I buy some press-studs for it - I'm hoping I'll be able to get the type that have ceramic pictures on the fronts.

The jacket took only one ball of sock yarn - the way I knit, anyway.



Of course "Archie" wouldn't be complete without "Snug" and here is the finished hat in "DB Cashmerino DK" and the "Opal - Lollipop". I decided to knit the trim in the lovely blue because it will be fine whether Bump is a boy or a girl. "Snug" used virtually a whole ball of "DB Cashmerino" as I knitted the trim, deliberately, on smaller needles to give it a really tight, snug feel. There is over 90% of the "Lollipop" left over - that's a lot of booties.



My brother reckons that he and his wife need to do some work on their timing. Bump will be their second Christmas baby.

2 comments:

belaybunny said...

They look great, lovely colours, the bump will be very trendy!!

Hellbelle said...

I love the jacket and hat. The bright colours are perfect for bumps :)