Saturday 16 June 2007

Blanket for Bump

I finished the "Moon and Stars" blanket for Bump last night. It's from Zoe Heller's "Nursery Knits" and is a fantastically easy pattern to follow. Being unable to follow instructions, I veered from the pattern requirements of eight balls of "Rowan Handknit Cotton" for the main colour, two balls for the border and one of "Rowan Chenille" for the stars.

I also thought the colours were rather cold, so I used "DB Cashmerino DK" in navy and gold, and used far less - five balls in navy and one-and-a-half in gold. (I haven't checked the length of "Rowan Handknit Cotton" in comparison with my choice, but five versus eight seems a significant difference).



I've also been working on some socks - "Fortissima -Sombrero" - but it's been heavy going. However, I think I had just 'gone off' the yarn, because I'm actually really pleased with the way the sock is takin place.



That doesn't mean I'll get it finished today. :-) I'm going to play with some crochet, I think.

3 comments:

Kai said...

the blankie is absolutely gorgeous and the sock is looking really good. :)

gilraen said...

That is an awesome blanket!! And so soft in Cashmerino :)

Lovely yarn for your sock. :)

Any word on the house front?

Lindsey said...

I love your blanket. I bet it's lovely and soft....bump will be very happy to snuggle up in that, I think! :-)