Friday 1 June 2007

The Lure of Ebay

It's not that I haven't got anything to do at work - it's not as if I'm even bored. However, I'm being drawn to Ebay. It knows I'm attempting a stashalong, even if it is a stashalong in baby steps. The first stage ends on June 14th. If I make it to then, I will have lasted one month without buying any yarn. So far it has been two weeks.

You have to take these things slowly.

However, I've just seen these on Ebay. Whilst, they're not tremendously new by any stretch of the imagination, they're pushing my cravings.
For a start, this rainbowy "Opal - Feelings" could be used to make some socks for my SIL. She always had a rainbow jumper at Uni and I think she would love these.

Pah! Enough of this altruistic justification... I want a pair of Tigers to go with my Snakes, and my Blue Frogs and the Peacocks and the Zebras and the Fish. Ok, so I haven't knitted those last three up yet.



However, then there is this lovely stuff... "Opal - Handpainted - Autumn". On Kay's website (Seventy By Heart) she showed a pic of the most beautiful scarf she made in 'Old Shale' and I fell in love with the colours. I think these are they... though I know she didn't use "Opal" yarn.
I've hidden the credit card. Maybe I'll have another look at these tomorrow and think about it. Or maybe I'll just buy them.
Who knows? :-)

3 comments:

gilraen said...

You can resist everything but temptation? :)

Life's too short, if you can afford it go for it :)

They are lovely choices......

Kai said...

Oh.. that Opal Handpainted is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sitting on my hands! I'm on this darned stash-along as well... :(

Hellbelle said...

I'd buy the Feeling yarn, but then I already have a pair of Tigers ;)