Monday 11 June 2007

Do you want the moon to play with?

That's the one line of a song, that my Nana used to sing to me, that I can remember. It seems very appropriate when you consider what I making for Bump. This may be hard to believe, but it's something of an improvement on "Fireman Sam" which has been on permanent loop in my head since yesterday morning - in a Scottish accent. Don't ask.

(I have nothing against Scottish accents. I don't really have much against "Fireman Sam", even if Naughty Norman did get an ASBO. This weekend has increased my knowledge of children's TV to levels it really didn't need to reach).



Here is the lovely "DB Cashmerino" and the start of the blanket in moss stitch. The wool is so soft that even the moss stitch texture feels squishy and flexible. (I love moss stitch).



A good star - that followed the pattern as it should.



The back of the star to show off my Intarsia. This is my first real successful attempt at Intarsia. I remember to twist the threads this time.



A wonky star - adding my own personal touch to the pattern.

PS The "Revel" Scale:

Chocolate - Best, obviously
Toffee - Not as good as Chocolate, but Very Good
The Malteser One -Good
Peanut - Pretty Good
Orange - Really Not Very Good At All
Coffee - Bleurgh! Bleurgh! Bleurgh!

This was all scientifically worked out the other day.

PPS Buyer wants to move THIS WEEK! We had agreed on the end of the month because our sellers can't go 'til then. Buyer texted on Saturday to see if they could pop around for measurements. Sure no problem. Then between Saturday night and Monday morning they have a huge barney with his Mum and Dad and now want to move this week!

It ain't happening... though we would love to because we want to move to our new house. I feel for our buyers - first timers living with the in-laws. It's bound to get tense.

4 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Email me at

Claire{at}cmyoung{dot}eclipse{dot}co{dot}uk I may have a little surprise to email you back!!!!!!

Piglottie said...

Well done on tackling Intarsia - and a lovely job you've done of it too :) Hope all the house wranglings work out OK.

Hellbelle said...

Your star looks very good and pointy :)

Good luck with the house.

belaybunny said...

I love the star jumper, it will look great, good luck moving.