Tuesday 26 June 2007

Falling off the Stashalong

I was packing up my yarn today. Here's a satisfying picture (and there are a couple of layers there):



This isn't actually all of the yarn. There's another box and a bag of sock yarn and odds and ends to be used up in charity knitting. However, the BF came in while I was doing this (and the yarn for his secret jumper is under that lot). He was actually quite shocked by it and told me I need to knit faster...

Then...

He asked me if I wouldn't mind making a couple of outfits for his nephew's birthday and Christmas present. He would buy the yarn. So he has picked out a star and striped jumper ("Rowan Babies") as part of Thomas's "Christmas Box" and these two from the "Dale of Norway - Soft Treasures for Little Ones". The vest has to be done in time for his birthday in August.



I ordered the yarn from "Dragon Yarns" tonight. The "Ull" yarn is much cheaper than an equivalent in "Rowan 4ply Soft", and I'm looking forward to making these two outfits. They are knitted in the round, until you reach the armholes, when you start shaping the front and back seperately. That's very usual in traditional Norwegian knitting isn't it?

PS

Contracts were exchanged today. Yesterday we agreed to the 6th July, reluctantly - the vendors kept phoning me to mither me about contacting our buyers and solicitors. Their solicitors then contacted our guys to tell them we had agreed to the 6th when they rang us on Sunday afternoon to see what we had decided.

No, we hadn't.

I'm relieved that we have exchanged and am happy to get the house we wanted. The BF is still annoyed about it all. He also pissed off our solicitor and his assistant by bawling them out yesterday. While I stand by the BF's stance, I do think there are better ways of tackling it - I had a lot of bridge building to do today.

A very bitter taste has been left in the mouth. I don't much care whether we have been misled by estate agents, solicitors or vendors but I'm pretty confident about who I would put my money on.

Thanks to everyone who has sent really supportive comments over this. Thanks to everyone who has read my whinging updates.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you're moving. You'll have plenty of time for revenge later. And my offer still stands for disposing of all that awful yarn. I promise it a painless death.

Kai said...

cool stash! :)

the jumper and vest for nephew look really cool.

*hugs* for the house stuff. It'll all work out fine.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Super Monkey - that's very true. The silly buggers have only gone and posted their new address on their blog.

Duh!

Kai - Cheers!

Feeling much happier today :-)

Hellbelle said...

The vest and jumper are cute, but the shirt and hat are a little too 'grown up'.

Fingers crossed for the move :)

Piglottie said...

Glad you've finally got a date to move and fingers crossed its plain sailing from now. Lovely stash, and hey, he's gonna by you yarn - result!!!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Yarn buying BF! It's a great thing and the parcel arrived this morning.

Linda said...

Good luck with the move, it is stressful at the best of times! Nice yarn there!