Tuesday 12 June 2007

Summer Knitty

Summer "Knitty" is on-line (www.knitty.com) and there is a veritable feast of socks. Among this quarter's items are this/these(?)...

Unmentionables



They're inspired by Victorian prudery about dreadful young ladies wearing drawers to go riding in - so they could get their legs over the horse. All the underskirts under their gowns only left the option of riding side-saddle.

Hurrah for drawers!

PS The sellers of the house we want to buy are now playing silly buggers. Having spent the last six weeks working to a completion date of the end of June, they've now decided they want to complete at the end of July. On top of this, their estate agent let slip that this was decided last week, so when were they going to tell us?

I'm seriously pissed off.

6 comments:

gilraen said...

Arrrgggghhhhh! I feel for you both. What a nightmare moving house!!!

PS I'm not knitting those Fiona, ever. :D

Linda said...

Moving house is such a nightmare, I hope it gets sorted soon. Imagine the pants in this weather...Ugh!!

Hellbelle said...

I like the look of the bloomers in that picture, but I don't think I'd make them. I have this fear of saggy bottoms in knitted skirts etc.

Boo! for the house moving. Another friend of mine has been let down too this week. It's so frustrating.

Fiona Reynolds said...

I love the bloomers though can't see me ever making them.

It is "boo" on the house front. However, I think this situation could be improving. Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on knitting me some frilly knickers so I'll be able to report back about my botty baggage. They'll be my cozy winter knit.

Our buyer threatened to pull out the week before we exchanged unless we dropped the price. Stupid evil git. So we called his bluff, put the flat back on the market and got a phonecall a couple of hours later begging us to sell him the flat at the full asking price.

He went bankrupt a couple of months later. Oh how we laughed.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Cheers Super Monkey!! That did make me laugh.

Our buyers have been fine, largely, so far. Just seems to be the seller, wandering along in flippin' la-la land.

Looking forward to botty-baggage updates.