Sunday 27 January 2008

Stitching Up

The camera is working, so here are some pictures of the latest sewing projects.

I'm not happy with the finished table runner, but I'm too bone idle to unpick the stitching and sew it again. So, it will do. The BF likes it though.



It's trimmed with ribbon to hide the rubbish seams. I like voile but doesn't exactly collude with the botch jobs.



Remember the other cushion I made? Here it is, without the piping... which I've discovered I prefer because it hides the zip.

Despite, running two lines of stitching up each side of the zip, some of it has started coming away at the seam, which is a little annoying, but...



...it still looks pretty good, and is going up in our bedroom.



Below is some material I've bought to make a Roman blind with. This is to go in our bedroom a long with come cream and chocolate curtains I'm planning to make. (The room is pretty neutral in the colour scheme so a few splashes of colour will look great).

4 comments:

Linda said...

Thats a great lot of sewing, the fabric for the blind is nice. I do like that wrap cardigan too, really nice style.

Kai said...

Love the blind fabric and the cushion goes really well with it! The table runner islooks great too :)

Cinders said...

I Like your cushion and the wrap cardigan. Does the Sirdar yarn knit up o.k? I've had very unhappy experiences with Sirdar yarns!

The Caked Crusader said...

Fiona I have tagged you!

http://thecakedcrusader.blogspot.com/2008/02/ive-been-tagged.html

Write 5 facts about yourself, tag 5 people, and link back to the person who tagged you.