Sunday 27 January 2008

Knitting Up

Here's my finished top - "Sirdar Peru Naturals". The yarn is quite similar to "Twilleys Freedom Spirit", though it's aran weight, so you can't pull it too tightly otherwise it snaps. However, it is strong enough to sew up with, which was surprising.



Finished, the wrap-over is lovely and soft, and I'm looking forward to wearing it to work tomorrow.

Below is a "Dumpling" minus the arms for Effie. I ran out of yarn after one sleeve, which was annoying. The BF suggested making it as a bodywarmer by sewing the contrast colour up the armholes, which I did, in mattress stitch. With any luck, I'll get this in the post tomorrow... but I'm so lax with actually posting items that bithday cards, bought two weeks in advance, are always late.



Here are some socks for Lois - I'm using up some leftover sock yarn for these. I think it's "Opal - Petticoat".



(My Mam was babysitting Lois and Talia this weekend. She forgot to take the Zebra socks I made for Lois, and there were complaints. Coming from my five-year-old niece, this is praise indeed).

1 comment:

Kai said...

Well, at least you know your knits are being appreciated!! :)

The wrap is bootiful. Absolutely love it and the little vesty is so cute! :)