Sunday 3 February 2008

So, where am I up to?

Sorry I haven't been to people's blogs for a while - things have been busy.

To answer Cinders's question about the "Sirdar - Peru Naturals"... It knitted up beautifully. It's similar to "Twilleys Freedom Spirit" in that if you pull/knit too tightly, you will pull the yarn apart. It's very slubby. One thing I found surprising was that I actually used the required amounts given in the pattern. I usually use two balls less - I'm never as 'bang on' as I was with this top.

On the knitting front...



... these lovely "Twilleys Freedom Spirit" gloves for Jeanette. She once mentioned that she likes Autumnal colours and I think these fit the bill. They just need sewing up.

The BF has been nagging me to knit things for myself (bliss!) so I started this "DB Cathay" ribbon-edged cardigan.



The photograph does the shade of purple no justice at all... taking pictures in the evening despite good intentions, oops... It's a really rich shade of purple and the yarn is knitting up beautifully - the stitches all look nice and even and I'm looking forward to wearing the finished cardigan.

After the Sirdar wrap (6mm needles) this is rather fine (3.15mm). It's good to vary but I briefly lost the ability to differentiate between 2.5mm and 2.75 mm needles - but that's just because I was knitting a ridiculous number of socks!!

2 comments:

Janey said...

Love those gloves, must try some myself!

Kai said...

The gloves look great and I love the cardi.. waiting to see your progress on that one!