Wednesday 2 January 2008

The Joy of No Deadlines

As Piglottie has very rightly pointed out, knitting to deadlines takes some of the fun out of knitting and turns the hobby into a chore. So for next Christmas, I'm either going to start knitting earlier, or...and this is my preferred option... not knit as many things for people. Realistically, I know I'll be doing the former. D'oh!

Since finishing the socks for my Step-Dad (on the 26th, that I have forgotten to photograph) I've been churning out the socks for myself.

Here we have a pair of "Opal - Rainforest - Zebras" (which has been in the hoard since October 2006) and a pair of "Admiral R Druck" (which I picked up on my trip to Ally Pally - part of a 'three for £12 offer'). The Zebras were rattled off pretty quickly in 6ply.



To keep the Zebras company, I'm now on with a pair of Tigers... don't know how well that would work in the wild, although you don't get tigers in Africa.

The BF has been wandering around the house singing "Tiger Feet".



And, because I'm making a concerted effort to reduce the orphan balls... I'm going to knit these up before I start anything else. (Being a size 5, there's actually enough "Zebra" left for another pair of socks for me... but I can't possibly have two matching pairs of socks!!! :-) So, these will either be for my friend Debbie or my niece Lois).



PS News of another new baby. My friend Rachel has just had a little girl - long name... to be known as Effie.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Cool socksies!! :) I love the tiger stripes..

Happy New Year!

Piglottie said...

Crikey you will be busy with baby knits this year by the look of it! :) Love the socks, especially Admiral R Druck. I must get round to reading Neil Gaiman at some point.