Friday 25 January 2008

Warmer Times

The heating is back on!!! Actually, it's been back on for a couple of days and I had the happiest shower I have ever had. Thank you for all of the warm wishes, and the hopes of a Mr Darcy, Seahorse ;-)

I'll tell you what the mistake with these socks was, now...



Look closely at the toe of the sock on the left.

I ran out of yarn twenty rows before finishing the sock, so I cut appropriate colour strands from two other balls of "Admiral R Druck" yarn that I had. I felt it was important, primarily, to get a good match of texture and, secondly, a good match of colour. So, as a result, I have worked out that I can get a pair of size 5 socks (following the "Opal" pattern) along with a pair of child-size 10-13 socks (following the "Regia" pattern, as long as I knit 40 rows from cuff to starting the heel) from one ball of yarn. That's pretty good value.

In other news, I finished the wrapover knitted from "Sirdar - Peru Naturals". It's toasty warm and only took a week of evenings to knit up. I love chunky knits...

...so I'm knitting another "Dumpling" (Rowan Babies) for my friend Rachel's daughter, Effie. It's fast and fun.

5 comments:

Kai said...

Yay!! Nice to have heating back. Ah I see the sock issue now. :)

gilraen said...

What a great solution!! I had to look very very hard to see your save! :)

Janey said...

me too.. I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said! Lovely looking socks!

Mouse said...

Wow, you've finished the wrap over, you are quick. Hope to see a pic of the finished item. Have you been knitting quickly just to keep warm. :)

Linda said...

Well I would have never have known about the sock unless you said! Glad you are warm again!