Tuesday 8 January 2008

Dumplings

The camera is playing nicely, so taking advantage of the moment, here's a shot of the socks (child size 10) for Lois and a hat for Talia.



Tiny Talia's head is so teeny that none of the hats bought for her fit and I made a hat with sock yarn, casting on 90 stitches. Sharon was over the moon with this one hat I made for her ("Opal - Rainforest - Flamingo") so I've rattled this one off for my Mam to take back when she visits at the weekend.

Something that will utterly swamp Talia is "Dumpling" ('Rowan Babies'). I made it in the 0-3 months size but the recipient is less than one month old, though even so, this cardigan will allow plenty of growing time. :-)



This is a great stash buster - made in "Rowan Big Wool" - knitting up in only a couple of evenings on 12mm needles. It only used 1.5 balls and I plan to use the remaining half ball with a full ball of cream to make another one for my friend Rachel's new daughter, Effie. I think "Dumpling" would look great with cream as the main colour and this pink blend as the trim. (That feels the wrong way around to me - it should be a cream trim... it's just the amounts I have won't work that way).

Do you like the gingerbread man button? One of a little haul from Ally Pally.

8 comments:

Kai said...

cute socks and even cuter hat! so ickle. :)

love the 'dumpling' and i think the cream with pink trim will look gorgeous.

Piglottie said...

Dumpling is so cute! And I love the button :)

Hellbelle said...

That little jacket is so cute! Love the button.

Chunky wool and 12mm needles is sounding very appealing at the moment. I could do with a quick knit to get me back into the knitting.

Linda said...

Dumpling is a lovely sweater, its nice in the big yarn.

WildPurl said...

The button is fab, what a great idea. I had to laugh at Darth SM, but it seems like you won in the end! The cushion is lovely, and I do like that fabric. Must do some sewing this year...

Anonymous said...

Awww! Adorable little cardigan, and the button's cute.

Janey said...

beautiful!

blog-blethers said...

I love Dumpling! It's enough to make me go all broody... Bet she looks a wee star in it and the hats.