Monday 14 January 2008

SEX and Socks

Remember how I said I wasn't going to buy any more yarn, unless it was to make a gift for someone? Well, it's amazing how much yarn you can buy with this criteria. Observe...

The BF casually mentioned that if I were to knit him another jumper, he would like this one - from one of the "Sublime" pattern books. However, while the yarn is exquisite, it works out at £55.64, so I was looking for a substitute.



After some searching for a good price, I decided to substitute and "Jaeger Extra Fine Merino" seemed a good match. Having received it last week, it certainly is and I only paid £2.25 a ball for it - taking the cost of the jumper to only around £35. Discontinued lines can be a real gift. :-) (I'm also really chuffed with the bag's snap handle... simple things...)



My Mam came to visit at the weekend and we took a stroll up to Aileen's lovely "Wool" shop in Stockport. (This was after we had been on the "Wheel of Manchester" - great views from the top but as the wheel turned we found ourselves, sitting in the carriage, wondering if this had been such a good idea... not that we are big girly wusses or anything). At the bottom of the picture, you can see some lovely yarn from the Kaffe Fassett range for "Regia". The BF keeps hinting for some more socks.



I don't know if I have mentioned it but, I am a trainee consultant in public health. This involves trotting around Greater Manchester to different work places to build on my experience. I'm leaving my current placement at the end of February and three of the people I work with have been particularly supportive, so I'm making them some gloves before I go. Jeanette loves Autumn colours, Peter likes greys, reds and blues and Diane is a fan of turquoises, greens and aquas.

I'm a little bored with socks at the moment - still using up the oddments of yarn, but I was champing at the bit to get into my stash. So, last night, I started this wrap-top in "Sirdar - Peru Naturals".



It's beautiful yarn - really soft, and good and chunky. It's knitting it up really quickly too... good thing too. The office is bloody freezing!

Here's my Tiger Feet.



And here are some socks for Lois - made up with the remains of the "Admiral R Druck". See if you can spot the cock-up.



It was a very annoying one...keep looking...

:-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh that jumper is lovely, I wonder if Ollie will like it. :) And the Matchmaker is a fab sub.

Can't wait to see the wrap all finished...

Love the socks... can't spot the mistake though..

Fiona Reynolds said...

Cheers, Kai - Ollie sounds like the BF. They both seem to like rally simple jumpers.

Viknits said...

Well thanks Fiona but so are you, you know!!
All your stuff's gorgeous, I was oging to comment individually, but it'd take all day, so - gorgeous choices of yarn, gorgeous pattern choices as well, and I can't believe that we still haven't been on the Manch wheel - you've inspired/reminded me about that, so thanks!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Hi Vixx - I was on the wheel! It was while it was going around, with us on it, that we got scared.

gilraen said...

I love that sweater! He obviously has great taste! ;) :D

Gppd luck with the next placement, I hope it's as good as this one sounds. :)

Nice yarn purchases, they will make lovely gifts too :D

Linda said...

All lovely yarns and knits! I can't spot the mistake at all in the socks!

Hellbelle said...

That is very nice... and the jumper ain't bad either!!!! ;)

I like the yarn you've bought and the socks look really cool!