Wednesday 24 January 2007

Knitalong "Twilleys Freedom Spirit"

This wool is from my stash - I haven't bought anymore. I started knitting this last week for my Mam for her birthday. It's a wrap over cardi from the "Twilley's Freedom Spirit" pattern book.

It's knitting up quite quickly - once I got past the 28 rows of ribbing. I don't mind ribbing, really I don't. I made "Leo" for a start. However, I find it difficult to see the stitches in this wool so a common mutter to be heard from me was: "Is that a purl or a knit?" The BF thought I was talking about headlice.



Having noticed that a few people had mentioned this pattern as a WIP on the www.knittingforums.co.uk, I thought I would suggest it as a Knitalong. At the moment there are two of us knitting this up. The other lady is making hers in "Fire" which I really prefer to the blue - it looks fab.


And above is where I got up to yesterday after suggesting it for the KAL. 'Signing up' to a KAL has really fired me up - that and the fact I couldn't revise for two hours while the builders were fixing my roof yesterday afternoon. Oh, and "CSI" and "Shameless" were on telly last night.

3 comments:

Badger said...

I like that colour, very subtle.

Anonymous said...

Air! Freedom Spirit is fabulous.

Also.

"Is that a purl or a knit?" The BF thought I was talking about headlice.

LOL.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Thanks, girls - the more I knit this up, the more I like it.