Monday 15 January 2007

Bad Girl!

I've been a bad girl. I popped into Stockport on Saturday to buy a frock for my friend Hannah's hen party next week. (Quad Biking!!!! Not in the frock of course, that's for Saturday night in Liverpool). I failed miserably to find anything that a). I liked and b). that fitted.

How does this link into 'adventures with needles'? Well, I had to go to "Wool" to have a look at some knitting patterns. I've changed my mind about "Accordian" for my Mam - she's now getting the Twilleys Freedom Spirit wrap-over cardi. This obviously, is part of my stash reduction plan. I hadn't fallen off the wagon yet.

Then I spotted the Colinette Jitterbug basket... I know what I said about bobbling on the heel a few posts earlier. I do, I remember...but it's Colinette. And I've knitted up 3/4 of the DK wool into blankets... so I bought some - one skein of Jitterbug in 'Lapis' (deep sapphire blue) and *mutters sheepishly* one skein in 'Fire' (rich ruby red).

So much for the willpower.

(And I managed to find a frock for the hen party after all so I can't say the wool was a comfort purchase.)

No comments: