Friday 12 January 2007

Mulling

So, I'm currently working my way through my stash - as per my resolutions. I feel like I'm making reasonably good progress - the variety of cheap DK wool is being used up in baby hats (Watermelon and Pumpkin) and blankets - one seriously garish penguin and bumblebee blanket and a rainbow striped offering. I will post piccies soon.

So, while I'm knitting, I'm working out how to use up the other wool. The gorgeous Twilley Freedom Spirit (blue) will go in some sort of cardigan for my Mam. It will either be a short sleeved cardi or I'm quite taken with "Accordian" (www.knitty.com) though there seems to be some gaps in the pattern. E.g. needle sizes are listed in the materials but not in the pattern - "CO 'x number' of stitches". To which size needles? Nevermind, I'm sure I can work something out.

The Wendy Aran that I bought for "Katrine" (Rowan Classic Weekend), I've gone right off. However, rather than Ebay it or charity shop it, I think I can make some baby/toddler size "Accordians" for several little boys I know. That's going to be a LOT of "Accordians"...hmm.

And then, at some point I have some fab DB Cathay to knit up for ME!! And some more Wendy Aran to make "Paisley" (Rowan Classic Weekend) for ME. And I want to make "Tychus" (www.knitty.com) for the BF and "Samus" (www.knitty.com) for my Mam, and then there are the socks. It's all beginning to spiral. And I'm sure I have another bag of wool that I've forgotten what's in there.

The WIPs pile is getting bigger and the intended WIPs are looming (in a good way).

Basically, I don't think I need to buy any more wool before June! I'm trying to decide whether this is a good thing!

2 comments:

Hellbelle said...

Good on you for the stash busting. I ought to do more of that...

:)

Kai said...

I'm joining you on this stash busting lark! :)

I have plenty of projects in waiting and plenty on the needles at the moment..

waiting in anticipation of piccies of what you do!! :)