Wednesday 3 January 2007

Update on the Secret Jumper

Well, I finished it...by the skin of my teeth and with a small amount of fudging. If you remember, this pattern was "Leo" from www.knitty.com.



I didn'tcompletely follow the instructions for shaping the neck as it seemed that the pattern would be lost, so this is the first part of the fudging. I created pearl-islands in the garter-sea as that seemed to reduced the loss of the actual pattern.

Second fudging came with the collar. The pattern states that the collar should be made by picking up from the neck line with a circular needle. However, like a muppet, I had cast-off too tightly, so fudging was achieved by casting on 145 stitches to straight needles and keeping the original pattern. This was then sewed to the jumper... 48 hours before the BF was to be given it.

And here is the finished result... complete with a catalogue pose.



It also emerged that he hadn't for one second suspected a jumper. He had thought I was making him a black hat! Grey jumper, black hat - I can see why he would be confused.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Hee! Hee!

I think it was mentioned that more than likely, he probably, really hadn't noticed it was a jumper for him!! :)

Glad it worked out to be a surprise...

Love the pose... *shakes head*

Fiona Reynolds said...

Cheers, Kai - that may well have been the case. :-)