Thursday 11 January 2007

Hmm, bobbling socks

I've been wearing the lovely socks I made for myself - they really feel much better than shop bought. However, I'm thinking that perhaps Colinette Jitterbug ain't practical for my daily life.

I usually have a three mile walk each way, in and out of work. (Parking varies from nightmare to non-existent and with traffic, it takes the same amount of time to get the bus as walk. Seriously).

After this type of treatment, the Opal socks are FINE...but my lovely Colinette Jitterbugs are looking a trifle sad around the heel. The yarn has bobbled quite badly. Maybe I should just treat myself to Jitterbug sock days when I'm not at work? I love the yarn and the colours *drools* but Opal seems to be more hardwearing for the day-to-day grind.

I haven't finished my Regia socks yet so they haven't had a trial run yet. :-)

1 comment:

Fiona Reynolds said...

Cheers, Kay. That's useful to know. I'm going to treat the Colinette socks as my luxury socks!