Wednesday 3 January 2007

Happy New Year!

I have the luxury of two and a half weeks off work and have had lots of time to indulge in knitting and reading. It has been tremendous. So here are a couple of things I have finished in the last few days.

Below are the first socks I've made for MYSELF! They're Opal Rainforest - Snake and I absolutely loved this yarn and the colour...



until...



I finished these. (Apologies for the blurry picture. The BF took it).

These are Colinette Jitterbug - Popsicle. Apparently, it's 4-ply but it feels slightly thicker but the colourway is just so vivid. It's like knitting with jewels, so poor old "Snake" seems to have faded into obscurity.

Here's a close-up to show you what I mean.



And I was so taken with the loveliness of this yarn to knit with, that I forgot to shape the heel on the second sock. I knitted the heel flap and went straight to making the gusset without reducing the heel flap stitches from 30 to 18. I was half way along the foot before I realised why the sock was so shapeless. Doh!

3 comments:

Kai said...

Love the Snake Socks... but I have to agree... the Jitterbugs... hmm.. lovely!

knittingaileen said...

Hi Fiona, I am well impressed with those socks.Especially the Jitterbug ones; they truely are gorgeous, although I guess I am slightly biased.
Kisses Aileen from Wool.
PS I'll see you st the next Knit and Chat at Borders.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Thanks, ladies.

Cheers, Aileen - I did get the yarn from your fab shop.