Wednesday 3 January 2007

Pumpkin Hat

I made a strawberry hat and a tomato hat for my nephew a few months ago, and since then I've been mulling over whether to have a bash at "designing" my own fruit hats.

Buoyed up by several glasses of wine last night, I decided to have a go. And here is a Pumpkin Hat that would fit a 0-3mth old baby. The pumkin flesh effect was achieved by using a wide rib pattern and it seems to have worked quite well.



The tendrils and leaves which you can see (ish) below were just done by knitting one or two stitches in a chain (tendrils) and casting on and reducing stitches in sequence (leaves).

The tendrils could really be longer but it depends on preference.



Despite some intoxication (three glasses of wine), this was really easy to make. I'm now working on a watermelon hat, inspired by someone else's blog (NB must find that link).

I'll post instructions soon.

No comments: