Friday 9 February 2007

KAL Update

The wrapover top is rattling along nicely. I finished the left front on Sunday and started the right front, as I was on a roll. The left front was finished in the morning - hence the lighter picture...



...and this was as far as I got with the right front by Sunday night, which is why it's a dark picture.



The right front is now finished and I've started one of the sleeves. This has only taken five ball of wool. I'm knitting the fourth size for the wrapover (to fit a 38inch chest) just 'cos my Mam prefers tops to be quite loose fitting. The pattern for this size requires ten balls and I don't see how I am going to use them up for this top. There's only two sleeves and the banding left to go.

I was worried I had missed out a chunk of the pattern. I'm very good at missing the neck shaping and going straight onto shoulder shaping. (My nephew's jacket stands as evidence - though I did manage to fudge that one!) However, I've been careful and I keep holding up the sections against myself and it all looks ok, so maybe it's just another pattern that overestimates the ball requirements.

Maybe I'll have enough wool left over to do a two-directional scarf or something. :-)

No comments: