Tuesday 13 February 2007

Celebratory Shopping

I've been shopping, again. Yesterday I found out that I had passed the Faculty of Public Health Part B exam. (Thankfully, there is no Part C). Nobody was more surprised than me. On the exam day - just over one week ago - I was quite ill and coughed my way through it. The Part B exam is all role-play (*shudders in horror*) so this was not a good thing. However, I've passed and I don't have to do any more!

My Mam rang to congratulate me and, while she was chatting, asked me to knit some socks for my Auntie's birthday. They're twins. I think I've got time to finish the wrapover and a pair of socks by the end of March? Whilst internet shopping for the requested colours I found a website that also sells "Opal" glove-making kits. I've been planning to have a go at gloves for a while and as well as birthday shopping, I thought: "I passed the exam - I deserve more knitting goodness."

So, I've bought "Opal Petticoat" (can't remember what colour) for my Auntie's socks and I think she's also going to get a pair of gloves in "Opal Feelings - Blue" because I'd rather have a pair of socks in the "Fortissima - Sombrero" than gloves. I think I'll go for one of the "Opal - Charcoal" colours for my own gloves.

Resolution 2? Pah!

3 comments:

Kai said...

choices, choices!! :)

congratulations on passing your exam!!! :)

gilraen said...

Well done, that is no easy task! Congratulations :)

blog-blethers said...

Well done on passing your exam!! And I reckon you deserve LOADS of yarn spoiling for that achievement:)