Thursday 15 February 2007

And the sock addiction continues...

Yes, here are some more socks - those harlot socks, well they are BRIGHT red. The BF was concerned that I may be neglecting the "Twilleys Freedom Spirit" wrapover because of my addiction.



That's an ankle sock in "Opal - Hundertwasser" in progress - the majority of knitting being done last night. I know it was Valentine's Day but we spent the evening in one of our favourite ways - watching lots of comedy: "Life on Mars" and "Shameless" (recorded from the night before when I was cheating in a pub quiz) and "Black Books".

You may have also noticed that I've knocked the baby blanket made out of sock yarn off the WIPs list. I was thinking about this the other day and decided that 1). I was bored with it which doesn't increase its chances of being finished any time soon; and, 2). it would require a lot of sewing up. If I haven't already mentioned it... I don't like sewing up - it cuts into valuable knitting time.

So, I have had a rethink and decided I'll make some baby socks and hats for charity. If anyone knows of a simple (i.e. quick and easy) 4ply pattern for such things I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

5 comments:

Kai said...

definitely very bright and definitely gorgeous! :)

Piglottie said...

Love the red socks - delicious! And have to agree, socks are soooo addictive.

Lindsey said...

I love the socks, too. I have a couple of baby patterns bookmarked, I haven't tried them all yet so can't swear to their ease or speed, but they look OK:
http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/may_knitproject.html
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/honeycomb-set.html

And these 2 have collections of baby patterns for charity knitting:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/my_pages/babywear/patterns.shtml
http://www.bonniebabies.co.uk/knitting.htm

Good luck!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Thank you for the signposting, Lindsey. I can't work out how to email you so hopefulyy you will see this "thank you." I found some great patterns on Bev's Country Cottage so will be using them.

Kai - thanks, as always :-)

Piglottie - thanks for dropping in. :-)

Hellbelle said...

Cool socks. Love the bluey green colourway :)