Tuesday 15 May 2007

Normal Service Resumes

Many, many thanks again everyone for the kind words. I've had lots of support from my pals at work, from you all and other people who chat on the Knitting Forum. It has really helped.

Anyway, on Saturday I went to "Ring-a-Rosie" (Whitley Bay) with my Mam and did a little shopping, well a bit of shopping, ok, ok, I got a good haul.



Here's a copy of Zoe Mellor's nursery knits. There's a few things in here that I want to make for my niece/nephew/bump, not least the moon and stars blanket on the front cover. My SIL had a scan last week and the baby is due December 3rd. Its big sister was born December 23rd. My brother and his wife do like their Christmas babies!

You will also have noticed that I raided the shop's "Rowan - Damask" stocks. The 'Serpentine' (the blue one) is to be used in "Bonita" (Rowan 41) and the 'Lava' (the red one) for another "Tulip". I enjoyed making that and I think another one wouldn't do any harm. :-)
Below is a shot of "Paisley" (Rowan Weekend) in "Wendy Aran - Blackberry". It's not the greatest picture but it does show the true colour.


So far, I have done the back, the left front and am half way up the right front.
I've also decided to join Stashalong for a month in the first instance, though the target is until "Ally Pally".
I have:
More than enough "Wendy Aran" to finish "Paisley"
"Wendy Aran - Heather" (I think) to make "Samus" (Knitty)
"DB Cathay" to make a cardi from the "Cathay" book
"Twilleys Freedom Spirit - Fire" to make another wrap over cardi
"Rowan - Damask" for another "Tulip" and "Bonita" (Rowan 41)
"Opal - Lollipop" to make "Archie" and "Snug" (Rowan Babies)
"Snuggly" Stuff to make a pixie coat for Bump
"Sirdar - Dune" for a scarf
"DB Baby Cashmerino" to make the moon and stars blanket
"Rowan Cashsoft Aran" to make the "Bonnie" Bag and Scarf (Rowan Weekend)
Then there's:
1x "Trekking", 2x "Opal Hundertwasser", 1x "Opal - Rainforest - Peacock", 2x "Opal Rainforest 2" and 3x "Colinette Jitterbug" for socks for me.
Some laceweight cotton - maybe "Branching Out"
Lots of orphan balls to use up in charity knitting
Good grief, there's more than I thought! What fun! :-)

8 comments:

Kai said...

Nice haul there!

Paisley is looking lovely. I think another Tulip is an excellent idea. :)

I'm on the stashalong as well. :s

Fiona Reynolds said...

We'll have to keep eachother going. :-) However, I'm VERY good at justifying any purchase.

gilraen said...

Is that all you have in your stash? ;)

Fiona it's a lovely haul and sounds like a nice stash :)

Linda said...

Your purchases look great, the Damask is lovely colours!

Fiona Reynolds said...

LOL, Gilraen. Perhaps I should really be thinking about re-stocking?! That would be nice! :-)

belaybunny said...

Glad you're feeling better. Hope they catch the nasty girl :( anyway, the stash purchases look very nice indeed, I love the blanket on the cover of your book too.

gilraen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gilraen said...

Oops. Fiona Tag your it :)