Tuesday 8 May 2007

New Cardi for Me

I'm knitting "Paisley" (RYC Classic Weekend) in "Wendy Aran" (blackberry) for myself. After finished the stocking for Thomas I decided that I've actually had enough of socks *whispered quietly*.

I just wanted to make something different and it has been ages since I knitted anything chunky. It has been raining all weekend so it was definitely the weather for warmer knitting. :-) I'm now shaping the armholes so am making really good progress. (No pix yet, sorry).

I bought "Wendy Aran" to make it because at the time I couldn't afford the "RYC Cashsoft Aran". However, I also preferred the shade of blackberry I picked and the yarn is knitting up beautifully. The stitches are really clear and it's holding the ribbing pattern (at the bottom of the jacket - 32 rows)very clearly.

The BF's sister came to visit with Thomas and she loved the stocking I made. It's really nice when gifts are so appreciated.

PS The garden shed was broken into at the weekend - for the second time in six weeks. The thieving little toads got away with the BF's bike. It's the third time someone has tried to steal his bike - once from work, twice from the shed - so I suppose it was "third time, catchy time". They took nothing else so I think we have actually been quite lucky.

I was outraged. I keep watching the kids cycling past in case I spot one of the little buggers on a 'new' one.

2 comments:

Hellbelle said...

Glad you like you substitute yarn better!

Sorry to hear about your shed and the bike. I hope whoever took it falls off it and hurts themselves :)

Kai said...

ooh Paisley sounds lovely, can't wait to see it..

I'm with Helen on this one. Nasty little toads.