Wednesday 3 September 2008

We Do Not Have The Technology

The flipping camera cable has walkies, or maybe it has gone 'slitheries'? Anyway, the upshot is that I can't show any pictures of my latest projects.

I sewed a runner for the chest of drawers last week and, on the knitting front, I also finished "Alicia" for Talia. Only, my version is in ivory yarn with white star-shaped buttons. It was a fun and quick knit - not a knit stitch in sight, well, apart from in the ribbed trim.



The pattern is achieved through purling and the odd 'knit tbl' to achieve the vertical lines. I'm rather pleased with it.

Having finished that, I went onto another Christmas knit - this "Sirdar Baby Bamboo - DK" cardigan for Lois (in the same shade of pink as the girl in the picture is wearing). It's knitting up so quickly.



Last night, I gave myself a shock - I'm half way through the second front, and I thought I had run out of wool.

My Christmas knitting is very much under control. The BF's jumper is not far from finished. I have another cardigan to make for Lois, a toy-bag for Thomas, a scarf for Debbie and a few other items for Talia. I'm also planning to knit gloves and scarves from my orphan-ball box... just in case of unexpected gifts.

No comments: