Sunday 14 September 2008

Hiccups

So, I was all organised with my Christmas present knitting -including two outfits for Talia. My Mam has just visited and had a look at them, which is fortunate. It would appear that (in the family parlance) Talia is a little "butter lump" (very affectionately meant and in no way an insult if you are unfamiliar with this term of endearment) which in short means... at nearly one year old, in size, she's closer to being nearly as big as an 18month old.

In knitting terms, this means that one of the outfits I made is already too small, and the other one will fit her only just, now. So, the striped hoodie (Hannah) is off to Newcastle for her to get some benefit from, and the cardigan (Alicia) is off to another friend who has just had little girl.

In Christmas Knitting terms... Buggrit!

Happier news, my Granda is so pleased with "Retropolitan 2.0" that he'd like another one for when this is in the wash. That's another Christmas present sorted.

I've finished one of the my new "Opal - Rainforest 3" socks. I love the pattern and I don't think a textured pattern would have looked quite right, but that's just me. Another thought that struck me as I was knitting this is, that I can't find the pattern repeat. I've found it as I have started the second sock, but I really can't see it in this. Everytime I think I have found it, I realise that there are actually some slight differences.

3 comments:

Janey said...

Fab looking sock!

Linda said...

Good luck with the christmas knits and I like that sock!

Cinders said...

glad you found out about your little 'sumo wrestler' before xmas and are able to use the outfits!
like the sock.