Wednesday 24 September 2008

Technology

Just what exactly was wrong with the carrier pigeon? Or writing on slates with chalk? (Apart from the 'orrible grebby feeling you get on your hands from the chalk dust. It's setting my teeth on edge just thinking about it).


(Me and my 'puter - a relationship made in heaven)

I've got the camera, check; I took the photos, check; I have the cable, check; it's attached to the computer, check; there are no loose connections, check. All present and correct and still I resort to downloading a picture of the pattern I am now making for Talia AKA Baby Sumo.



This was going to be for Lois (the pink and girly niece) but as I had something of a setback with the clothes I had knitted for Talia as her Christmas present (i.e. they're all too small), I've nicked this from Niece Number 1. What Niece Number 1 doesn't know, won't hurt her. Also, as I'm making it in the same colours as shown (yes, I have no imagination - too the tune of "yes, we have no bananas"), they will be perfect for my cunning plan to make Niece Number 2 not as girly as Niece Number 1.

This is knitting up really quickly. (Well, it would - I'm doing it for a two year old as opposed to a six year old. So, no surprise there). The yarn is "Stylecraft Kon-Tiki" - 50% acrylic and 50% cotton. Having moved from some lovely soft sock yarn and Merino (also Stylecraft), the yarn felt a bit like string at first. However, the acrylic softens this string-like texture and being cotton, it highlights the stitch texture beautifully. I'm really enjoying making it.

There is going to be a lot of yarn left over. Definitely a matching hat in the pipeline.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great computer cartoon - I felt like that when I used to work on an IT helpdesk - lol!!