Sunday 21 September 2008

Scarves

In an attempt to do a more interesting photograph than I usually do, here are two 'artfully' arranged fun fur scarves draped over one of the dining room chairs. These were so quick to make.



SIL and Thomas have been visiting. Complex knitting not an option, so I rattled both of these off on 4.5mm needles using 20 stitches. They were intended as 'just in case' gifts but the SIL liked them so much that I think she might be getting one of them.

The yarn was a freebie at Ally Pally last year. Speaking of which... as you can see from the list, I've still got eleven stash items to knit (and a whole crate of orphan balls, plus the odd remnant I keep finding in drawers around the house). Ally Pally is in just over three weeks time, and I'm pretty much moving over to Christmas knitting.

However, I have finished 14 stash projects and used up a lot of those orphan balls (17 mini projects), so I don't think I've done too badly.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Fun fur scarfs are pretty neat Christmas gifts.. I made a couple year before last and my sisters love them. :)

Linda said...

I like the colours of that furry scarf, is it hard to knit with?