Thursday 18 September 2008

Ho ho bloody ho



It is September, is it not? This means that Christmas is more than three months away, does it not?

It is still reasonably warm, isn't it? So, why is Morrisons flogging Christmas coins at the checkout? Will this lot not melt before we actually see a vague hint of frost?

There are Advent calendars on sale. Advent! It's not for another two months. The seasonal aisle has been full of Christmas cards and festive treats since the last week of August.

By the time it gets to bloody Christmas I'll be ready for Mother's Day.

Yes, I do prepare early for Christmas with present buying - but it doesn't mean I want to be listening to festive music or wading through tinsel on a hot sunny day. Bah, humbug.

On a related note... the Christmas knitting remainders comprise of:

Sleevex for the BF's stealth jumper.
A pair of socks for the BF.
Retropolitan Version 3.0 for my Granda, seeing as he liked 2.0 so much.
One sock for Lois (I've done the other one but have a bad case of SSS).
A toy bag for Thomas.
More things for Baby Sumo (aka Talia, and don't worry, I won't be sharing this name with the family. My Mam would have my guts for garters).
A scarf for Debbie.

Possibilities:

Tea cosy for SIL.
Pin cusion for a friend.
Scarves and gloves just in case.

Finished:

Socks for Mam.
Socks for Step-Dad.
5 Jellybabies for Thomas.
Puss in Boots, three pairs of socks and a cardigan for Lois.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Bah humbug indeed! I though I'd gotten away from too early festive treats, but alas, it is the same in Germany... grrr

Love the list of gifts! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

ROFL. I love that cat photo.

And yeah, it's far too early for Xmas.