Sunday 11 May 2008

Shopping

The camera cable has gone walkabout, again. So, I can't show you any piccies of progress of my different projects:

Granda's Retropolitan Cardigan: Knitted up to the armholes, and have nearly finished one sleeve. The sleeves are joined to the body of the cardigan and all knitted together. Minimal sewing.

Speaking of my Granda - he is much better. I visited him yesterday and he is in much better health and spirits. Doesn't believe in managing his illness, like: "As long as I can have a pint, I'm alright."

This is the 86 year old who says 'Help the Aged' can't help him, because they're for old people.

Stealth-Knit Jumper for the BF: This is the "Retro" jumper from the "Sublime Second DK Book". (Hmm - "Retro" and "Retropolitan". Are we detecting a theme here. I've finished the back and all I have to do is finish the neck and shoulders on the front.

Zebra Socks for Lois, my neice: Finished ages ago, but an update on their reception. "We can never get them off her feet," grumbled my brother at the weekend. Now, that's praise.

My Mam, has finished her latest project (see earlier comment on camera cables). So, she needed, yes, needed, to go to Kemps Wool Shop - Sunderland. Bargains? She bought enough "Wendy Mosaic Chunky" to make two cardigans. Price - 89p per ball. Yep, it's an entirely man-made yarn, but the patterns were lovely and you should see how fast it's knitting up.

I've been shopping too... but not for myself. (So, not fallen off the stashalong wagon yet).



This is "Stylecraft Pure Luxury Merino DK" - I didn't know "Stylecraft" did merino.

I've bought enough yarn to make Talia's (niece No. 2) birthday/Christmas present. Yep, like big sister, she's a Christmas Baby. My brother and his missis need to sort out their timings.



I'm going to make this buttoned cardigan in Ivory, but I love the colours of this zipped hoodie, so Talia's getting a replica of this. Originality? What for?



I bought this lot for £2.49 a ball. A quick look at other websites suggests the average price is normally £2.99 a ball. It makes quite a difference.

2 comments:

Janey said...

Sounds just like my Grandad!

I love that zipped Hoodie too, fabulous colours. I may have to find some of the Stylecraft Merino, let me know what you think of it!

Linda said...

I am glad your grandad is feeling better. Hurry up and find the camara cable so we can see your knits!!