Sunday 18 May 2008

Meanwhile...

I have finally started blocking my "Bonnie" scarf squares - not that I have finished knitting them yet. 21 knit... 9 to go.



The BF was nagging me to start blocking - he's becoming a regular back-seat knitter. I think I might have to get him an introductory knitter's set or something. Well, as you can see I got eight squares blocked before I ran out of my bubble-topped pins. I don't know where the rest of them have disappeared too.



Above is the jumper that my Mam knitted in "DB Rialto". She adapted one of the patterns in the
"Rialto" book - one she had liked at first but then decided was too busy. As you can see, this version just has several cables running up the front. She followed the neckline pattern but found it too deep, so she doubled it over and sewed it in place - it's very smart.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love the squares. get boyfriend to sew in the ends, that will keep him busy!!

Anonymous said...

Back seat knitter - LOL!!! yeah, get the BF sewing in ends ;) lovely squares.