Sunday 7 October 2007

Stealth Knitting Sessions

I've been to my Mam's this weekend. The drive up on Friday evening was hellish, unsurprisingly and took me nearly four hours to crawl over the M62 and up the A1. Actually, after I looked at the clock and realised it had taken one hour to go 30 miles from Manchester to Hart's Head Services, I headed off at Bradford to dash across the A roads... only to end up in a 5mile an hour convoy all the way to flippin' Harrogate.

All that wasted knitting time.

Still, this weekend, I've finished the socks for my MIL.



(This picture doesn't really show how vibrant the colours are - very bright primaries, plus lots of splashes of green).

I smuggled the yarns for the BF's jumper and socks out of my house, so I've finished a third of one sock, while babysitting my niece with my Mam, who had to read all six books of the "Dr Suess" collection that I bought her for Christmas. Apparently Lois been fixated on these for the last two weeks. She was fighting sleep and I was providing my Mam with encouragement: "One more page. She's nearly off. One more page."

I've also started the second sleeve on "Saranac". The BF is off to his sister's for three days in two weeks - plenty of knitting time.



And this is a fab cardigan that my Mam has been knitting - the stitches are really neat. She doesn't like sewing up set-in sleeves, so I agreed to sew them up...

I've also started the socks for Dale ("Regia - Polar") He's the same size shoe as the BF. This could get confusing!

6 comments:

Hellbelle said...

The colours of the socks are fantastic! And your MIL must have the smallest feet in the world!!

Piglottie said...

You've been busy! Your mum's cardi looks lovely, and I love the bright socks - great colour.

Linda said...

Brillient colour socks. Lucky Mum having someone to set in her sleeves!

Fiona Reynolds said...

:-)

The socks actually fit a size 5. I know, I've tried them on. The elastic in the yarn makes them stretch... a bit like "Magic Gloves".

And the chunkiness of the yarn meant I only had to do 30 rows on the foot instead of the usual 45 in 4ply.

Soo said...

Dr Seuss is the best. When I was a kid I read those books over and over and over..I expect a few of them I could still recite!

Kai said...

i loved dr seuss as a child!!! :)
cool socks... and your mam's cardi looks fab.