Wednesday 17 October 2007

Missing In Action

The camera has gone missing.

Actually, I know exactly where it is. It has sloped off to New Barnet with the BF, where he is spending a few days with his sister and nephew.

So - no pix of the finished socks for Dale. The "Regia" yarn is softer than "Opal" which I was a little surprised by. No pix of my new sewing machine... top bargain in "Aldi" for £45. And, no pix of the world's smallest curtain. I spent Sunday afternoon turning last week's samples of materials into said curtain, after I had learned how to use the iron.

The BF had to teach me.

He asked me if it was a cunning ploy to make him to my ironing... I hadn't even thought of that.



On Monday night, I learned to use a sewing machine - I rather liked it.

Anyway, while the BF is away, I have a few evenings to do some more stealth knitting on "Saranac". I've started the front now. The back is knitted to armpit level, as is one sleeve and another sleeve is ongoing - then I have to join them all together and knit the shoulders in the round.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I like the sound of the sewing machine bargain, I got one from Lidl for £40 a while ago, still haven't used it much!

Hellbelle said...

Yay for sewing machines! I got one for my birthday last year and I must have used it, erm, twice...

Good luck with the stealth knitting ;)

Viknits said...

Yey a sewing machine! I have my Grandma's Viking Husquvana and I absolutely adore it! Thing is it's so heavy I can barely lift it!!
Have fun with it, I'm sure you will :)