Tuesday 9 October 2007

Going over to the...Dark Side

If crochet is the Dark Side... then I've just become Darth Vader's girlfriend. I've just started going a soft furnishings class, and by next Monday I have to convert this lot...



...into this...



It's a sample curtain. Yes, I am learning to make curtains... and probably cushions and runners and other things. I thought it would be fun and was looking for something to get me out of the house of an evening. So far - it's great fun, though I can't believe I've willingly taken up something that involves sewing.

The knitting, obviously, isn't falling by the way side and here is the progress on one of Dale's socks. It looks far greyer than it really is - all the monotone is soften by some blue flecks and stripes. The "Regia" yarn is a lot softer than "Opal" which has been quite a surprise - I hope it's as hard wearing.



Speaking of sock yarn... It's Ally Pally on Thursday and unfortunately my Auntie Anne can't come with me after all. She has to go to hospital for some treatment on her legs, and will be admitted as an in-patient for eight days. Anne is gutted, and has asked me to get some sock yarn for her while I'm at the Show.

It's very disappointing - we have been planning this for some time.

5 comments:

Linda said...

What a shame That your Aunt can't come with you. I hope you enjoy the show anyway. Good luck with the curtains.

Seahorse said...

I've always though Darth Vader just needed the love of a good woman!

Hope you can still enjoy Ally Pally.

Kai said...

Ohh sewing... :) I would love to pick it up as a craft, but I am completely hopeless.. :(

Enjoy Ally Pally.. :)

Piglottie said...

I've recently rediscovered sewing and am loving it so much! Its not like mending and horrible jobs like that :)

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, but I do hope you still have a good time at Ally Pally.

The Caked Crusader said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I can't recommend the chocolate cake highly enough!

Not sure whether you've visited it or not but my friend is a brilliant knitter and I know she went to Ally Pally too. Her site is: www.thingssoolikes.blogspot.com