Friday 14 September 2007

Pixies

I've finished the Pixie Coat for Bump. I took it to knitting group last night - chatting makes sewing up much more enjoyable.



I also bought more buttons... these lovely lilac (honest, they are) flowers which I think look much better than the blue hearts, which I now can't find.



They will no doubt turn up later, when I'm looking for something else.

I went to the family planning clinic earlier for a repeat pill prescription. The nurse is concerned about my blood pressure, which has been going up every time I've been for my check over the last two years. So, tonight, she only gave me three months prescription as she is concerned that I have high blood pressure. High blood pressure does run in my family, but I'm only 30.

Having gone through what I eat (pretty healthy most of the time, to be honest); exercise levels (I could certainly do more); BMI (which is a load of cobblers anyway for reasons I won't bore you with now) at 26 (5ft 8inches, 12.5 stone, so could shape up a little more); she asked me about reducing salt. I don't cook with it. I don't eat much in the way of processed food - lots of fresh veg (though not fruit 'cos I find it boring - I know I'm weird... I don't eat oranges because I can't be bothered to peel them).

The nurse then asked me if I have a stressful job. Yep. Though I make matters worse by my inability to switch off when I get home. Must calm down. Maybe the Tai Chi classes that I start next week will help. :-)

5 comments:

Jominx said...

Ah the baby jacket is sooo adorable, I just love the colours and the buttons just finish it off perfectly :)

KatKnit said...

Isn't knitting supposed to relax you? I suggest increasing your time exercising with needles, yarn and a pattern.

Piglottie said...

The baby jacket is so cute. And I hope the blood pressure drops soon.

Hellbelle said...

Cute buttons!

I have totally been there with the high blood pressure saga at the FPC. The nurses they do love a drama, which makes it so much worse than it should be. I was told that I have the blood pressure of a 50 year old and treated like some kind of invalid. Go see your GP if you're concerned, they will give you the real picture.

Fiona Reynolds said...

I love the knitting prescriptions, ladies. Thanks, Helen - after mulling it over, I did wonder if she was on a drama trip as she didn't actually listen to anything I said - too busy trying to diagnose a problem! That said, it won't do any harm to reduce the blood pressure either. :-)