Friday 14 September 2007

Knitty Fall

Knitting, (like boots, skirts and tops) is best in the Autumn - well, knitting designs are, with the exception of the "Rowan" magazines... ok, I'm bimbling. For the most part, I prefer Autumn and Winter designs, and "Knitty's" Fall edition hasn't disappointed me at all.

(Because I soooo needed to find something else to knit).

(www.knitty.com - I must learn to make hyperlinks)

First up, in my humble opinion is "Roam" - this rather lovely hoodie. Want one. (Though I also want to make the fabby "Central Park Hoodie" as raved about by Rachel on 'Beelzebub Knits').



Then there's "Mr Greenjeans" which I think looks fantastic with jeans. Love it.



But then there's this whole heap of loveliness - "Cherie Amour" which is knitted in a chunky yarn and I think looks just fabulous. I'm so taken with the yarn used in this pic that I might track it down rather than substituting. It looks a bit "Colinette-ish"... need to read the pattern.



And, then there's "Tussie-Mussie" which I wasn't terribly taken with until I saw the sleeves.



Maybe I should just make the sleeves.

8 comments:

blog-blethers said...

Ooooh I love Roam, Mr Green Jeans and Tussie Mussie too! The only problem is that we both need autumn to be about 10 months long to get all the luverly autumn knits done!

Linda said...

I love the knitty stuff this time, I need to choose one project to knit but I can't just choose one!

Anonymous said...

The only thing that grabbed this issue was Woodins. I need to source some robot brains that will stand up to felting though.

Piglottie said...

Bit lacking in socks for me this issue, but like you I'm debating whether or not I actually like Tussie-Mussie (close up of the sleeves is delicious though!).

Hellbelle said...

Autumn + knits = perfection

:)

belaybunny said...

I think here is what you're looking for!! http://handpaintedyarn.com/index.php?cPath=57&osCsid=9aedee6352a2d40efb7579d2e242bf89 (sorry about long link) I've ordered from them before - great, quick service from uruguay ;) I love the bulky yarn too, and think I may just have to order some.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Oooh, cheers, Christina - the link (in any format) is very appreciated.

Cinders said...

hi Fiona,
Must say I wasnt too enamoured of Knitty this time. BUT having seen your photos I think things are growing on me!! I like the chunky top, but I never knit chunky things, No1 I dont like the bulky look, no2-I'm too fat to wear bulky tops!!!