Sunday 9 September 2007

Continuing a Theme

Sorry, more gloves...

I think I must have some mild form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder for knitters. If it's not endlessly making socks, I'm non-stop glove making. Handy (good grief - no pun intended) for Christmas presents, but I need some more variety... if only stop you lot getting bored.



The yarn is "Opal - Rainforest Doctor Fish" and these are for my Mam as part of her Christmas present. I think I might make some matching trainer socks for her. This is 6ply, which is producing some very snuggly warm gloves, and it has an extra 50g, so I reckon trainer socks are definitely a possibility.

I originally bought this yarn for me because I loved the colours in the pictures I saw. I think this is a faded batch as the lilac stripe (in 'real life') is more of a pale pink than lilac. My Mam loves all thinks pink. Personally, I don't do pink.

The intention had been to pop out to buy a needle to finish the pixie coat but I have spent all day cooking. My lovely step dad is coming down to tile my kitchen and downstairs loo tomorrow, so rather than clamber through a newly tiled, not quite dry kitchen grub's up, in advance. I promise I will finish the coat... even if it does mean sewing.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I have never made gloves or mittens. you make them look easy!

Piglottie said...

I agree, you make gloves and mittens look easy. Have you seen this pattern for fingerless mittens - http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/mittens/mitts-to-fit.html You can customise it for any yarn. I keep meaning to give it a go :)

Fiona Reynolds said...

Cheers, girls. Went to have a look, Piglottie. But the link didn't work - I'll do a search for it later.

gilraen said...

Fiona you do make them look easy, you did that with socks too. :)

Beautiful knits on the last 2 posts too. BF is very lucky ;) as is 'bump' . :)

Hellbelle said...

The gloves look great, I really like the Dr Fish colourway. I made some last year from a vintage pattern and definitely intend making some more.

Btw, I prefer Evie too ;)