Saturday 8 September 2007

The Joy of Batteries

Finally found the recharger for the batteries, so at last we have a photo of the pixie jacket for Bump. I made slower progress on it this week - have been out and about (meetings in London) and not feeling too great so haven't done much knitting.



As you can see, it's virtually finished.

I just need to finish sewing the hood to the jacket, but that will have to wait until after a trip to "Hobbycraft" tomorrow. My trusty wool sized sewing needle has gone walkabout. There's also some white blanket stitching to be done around the edges of the jacket - hood, sleeves and bottom of the coat - plus I need to attach some lovely pale blue heart-shaped buttons. While I thought about pink, as we now know Bump is a girl, there is no pink in the colourway so they would have clashed.

My brother and his wife are mulling names for Bump - Evie or Tarlia. (I think those are the right spellings). Bumps big sister is called Lois and I think that has coloured my opinion that Evie would be better - similar old-fashioned names... but that's just me. What do you lot think? Evie or Tarlia (Talia?).

No comments: